moCa is closed for the installation of its new exhibition season. The building will reopen to the public in February 2021.
Thanks for checking in. Before getting back to connecting with art, here’s a synopsis of what moCa is doing to keep visitors and staff safe during these exceptional times. They include the adoption of a number of protocols in accordance with the Ohio Board of Health, the CDC, and in coordination with other area museums.
What moCa is doing for safety:
- Sanitizing and cleaning throughout the day, with special attention to high-touch surfaces and bathrooms
- Limiting capacity to facilitate physical distancing
- Installed Plexiglas barriers around the Welcome Center
- Propping open doors where possible
- Closing the third-floor Learning Labs
What we expect from you:
- Bags and water bottles: Please leave these items at home if possible. While there will be limited self-storage space, moCa’s coat and bag check is not available at this time. Drinking fountains are not available at this time.
- Restroom protocol: Restroom capacity will be limited to one person or self-identified group at a time.
- Physical distancing: The six-feet of separation standard applies and will be indicated with guiding on the floors and for designated queues. Please keep six-feet or more between yourself and other visitors and staff.
- Hand sanitizer: moCa will supply touch-free hand sanitizer throughout the museum. Staff will be using it often and moCa encourages you to do the same.
- Screening: Upon entering the museum, a medical professional will take your temperature and ask you if you've had any symptoms consistent with COVID-19 (cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or loss of sense of taste or smell). If you have a fever exceeding 100.4 degrees or are symptomatic, moCa asks that you postpone your visit until your symptoms are gone.
- Masks: If you don't have your own, moCa will supply free disposable masks. All staff and visitors will be required to wear masks inside the building.
- Circulation: Circulation through the museum has changed and is indicated on signs/arrows throughout the building.
- All visitors will now enter through marked doors on Toby's Plaza, which opens to the space that previously housed the store. There will be no access through the Euclid entrance with the revolving door.
- The Kohl Monumental Stair will be the up stairway and the yellow Interior Stair will be the down stairway.
- Elevator capacity will be limited to one person or self-identified group at a time.
- All visitors will exit through the Mayfield Road door.
- You will be asked to confirm that you've agreed to follow these guidelines during your visit.
Thursday through Saturday.
Please note, the moCa Store is permanently closed.
moCa welcomes you back. Stay up to date on all things by joining our email list.