Do you enjoy teaching others while sharing your creativity and appreciation for art? Then this could be your ideal internship! You will lead interactive tours and hands-on art projects for audiences of all ages, create teacher resource packets, develop lesson plans, and conduct research for projects that will be compatible with future exhibitions.
You will work with the Curator of Education + Engagement to plan and implement K-12 school, family, and docent programs at MOCA.
The ideal intern:
- Upbeat, curious and enthusiastic.
- Outgoing and equally comfortable working with children and engaging their caregivers in conversation.
- Adept at multi-tasking, such as handling multiple extracurricular activities simultaneously.
- Experience working with children is a big plus.
- Art Education
- K-12 Education
- Studio Art
A few logistics:
- Interns are expected to work 8-16 hours per week.
- Preference will be given to students who can commit to full school year term.
NOTE: Applications are still being accepted for summer interns in this department.
Ready to apply?
Submit the following to email@example.com and use the subject line “MOCA YFE Internship”.
- Cover letter or cover email that lets your personality and style shine through. Internships are highly competitive so this is your chance to convince us of your awesomeness! Don’t be modest; tell us what you can offer and what you hope to gain. It wouldn’t hurt to mention a current or past MOCA exhibition or program that you attended, or perhaps a life-changing experience with art. And if you know someone who is associated with MOCA, tell us!
- If you will be completing this internship for course credit, please include an Objectives and Goals Statement so we can be certain that this opportunity aligns with your requirements.
- Resume or CV that highlights relevant education and experience and makes it obvious why you are the best possible candidate for this position.
- Writing samples showcasing your skills, preferably relevant to a similar professional position or contemporary dialogue. We would love to see a lesson plan that you have written or helped with. Feel free to include links to relevant work, websites, etc.
- Contact information for references from employers or professors that tell us why they think you would be perfect for this internship.
A few more things to keep in mind:
- MOCA internships are unpaid but provide an exceptional opportunity to gain real work-world experience.
- MOCA internships are intended for college students, generally in their senior year or in grad school.
- Plan on working 8-16 hours per week with a schedule based on your availability.
- You should reside in the Cleveland area during your internship. We can’t help with relocation expenses.
- We encourage international applicants, however MOCA does not provide financial reimbursement or sponsorship for international visas.
- We want you to have the full experience so interns should expect to work in the office rather than at home.
- We will happily collaborate with your educational institution to give you academic credit for your experience.