MOCA Cleveland needs a part-time Graphic Designer!
Who is MOCA?
MOCA is the Museum of Contemporary Art in beautiful Cleveland, Ohio. We value an entrepreneurial spirit, creativity and curiosity. We are cultural adventurers, promoting experimentation in contemporary, and often challenging, art and ideas. If you want to love what you do, where you do it, and who you do it with, MOCA is the place for you!
As the region’s only contemporary art museum, the Museum of Contemporary Art Cleveland leads the way in shaping and advancing contemporary culture. We are global and local, Cleveland at our core with a cosmopolitan outlook. MOCA enthusiastically promotes experimentation and exploration through engaging with contemporary art and ideas. Grounded in the community, MOCA welcomes all audiences and employs a smart, creative, and diverse workforce. MOCA values an entrepreneurial spirit in our work culture, supporting an enterprising staff that anticipates and reacts nimbly to change while embracing new opportunities and challenges. Success of the individual directly impacts success of the institution, so MOCA holds every employee to a high standard of excellence with the expectation that everyone understands and participates in the institutional goals.
Who are you?
* You’re a creative designer with contemporary style and 3-4 year experience in an advertising or similar agency.
* You’re comfortable sharing your fresh ideas and open to lots and lots of feedback. And revisions. And more revisions.
* You’re passionate about visually sharing MOCA’s ever-changing programs and exhibitions.
* Your skill in conceptualization and implementation knows no bounds.
* You recognize that brand-based design is a formidable weapon and you wield it with enthusiasm.
* Your attention to detail is legendary. No typo goes unnoticed or un-mocked.
* You might be dangerously chill but you’re not a lone wolf - you embrace collaboration and value teamwork.
* Bachelor's and/or Master’s Degree in graphic design is a must.
What will you be doing?
* Help craft the world’s perception of MOCA.
* Master MOCA’s brand voice in a consistent, pithy manner.
* Juggle a variety of production needs efficiently and with constant awareness of deadlines.
* Produce beautiful, unique seasonal member magazines, annual reports, invitations, signage, web pages, e-blasts, display ads and anything else we can dream up.
* Use Trello software to track all design projects and keep the marketing team up to speed.
* Coach a delightful student intern.
Ready to apply?
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line “P/T Graphic Designer”.
* Cover letter or cover email that lets your personality and style shine through. This is your first chance to convince us of your awesomeness so don’t be modest; tell us what you can offer and what you hope to gain. It wouldn’t hurt to mention a current or past MOCA exhibition or program that you attended, or perhaps a life-changing experience with art. And if you know someone who is associated with MOCA, tell us!
* Resume or CV that highlights relevant education and experience and makes it blindingly obvious that you are the best possible candidate for this position.
* Digital portfolio showcasing your impressive skills. Feel free to include links to relevant work, websites, etc.
* Contact information for employers or coworkers who will be able to tell us why you would be perfect for this position.