REPORTS TO: Executive Director
STATUS: Full time, exempt
JOB PURPOSE / POSITION OVERVIEW
The Senior Development Officer is responsible for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual and corporate gifts and management of annual giving program. This position develops strategies to enhance moCa’s ongoing capital and operating campaigns from individual and corporate donors and assists in identifying new fundraising prospects.
The Senior Development Officer works with the Executive Team and the Board of Directors to support moCa’s mission and long-term strategic goals. A member of the Leadership Team, this position collaborates to identify funding priorities and opportunities for institutional support, engaging the team in the execution of the comprehensive strategic fundraising plan. Together with Executive Director, this person is responsible for fundraising approximately $1.5M of $3.2M operating budget.
● Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
● Minimum 5-7 years senior-level development experience.
● Demonstrated upper-level management and leadership responsibility in a museum or related institution.
● Proven track record as successful relationship builder and fundraiser of individual and major gifts.
● Experience in overseeing and executing successful planned giving programs.
● Fluency in English: speaking, reading and writing.
● Superior written and verbal communication skills.
● Current valid driver’s license and insurance.
● Able to work evenings and weekends to accommodate cultivation and other events.
Submit the following to email@example.com using the subject line “moCa Senior Development Officer”:
• Cover letter or cover email that lets your personality and style shine through. Tell us what you can offer and what you hope to gain. It wouldn’t hurt to mention a current or past moCa exhibition or program that you attended, or perhaps a life-changing experience with contemporary art and if you know someone who is associated with moCa be sure to tell us.
• Resume or CV that highlights relevant education and experience and makes it obvious why you are the best possible candidate for this position.
• Contact information for 3 references.