Open Studio: TEXT
Free. Registration Required.
Virtual program on Zoom
A guided meditation on pattern and journaling
This Open Studio workshop is focused on building connection and community through exploring visual journaling in a shared, virtual, and supportive space. Participants will explore how artists incorporate text to help spark curiosity and conversation.
This Open Studio will run for 1 hour.
FREE with registration. A Zoom link will be sent 15 minutes before the start of the workshop.
You will need:
- Page of text, either from a magazine, newspaper, or photocopied book)
- Sheet of paper
- Black marker
- Various drawing materials of your choice
- Be Fully Present: You deserve this time for you! Suggested ways to be fully present during this Open Studio is to minimize any distractions, try your best to not look at the time, and listen to understand.
- Express Support: Let’s support one another! Suggested ways to virtually support one another is through using the Zoom reactions feature to say “I hear you, I see you,” and expressing words of support in the chat box.
- Show Appreciation: Let’s show appreciation for each other! Suggested ways to show appreciation for others is by un-muting yourself and sharing words of encouragement and appreciation aloud or in the chat box.
This program will also be offered on Apr. 7, 2021.