MOCA Free Building Birthday Bash + Fall Exhibitions Opening
Free + Open To All
Five years ago, Cleveland welcomed MOCA’s new, iconic building in Uptown. We invite you to help us celebrate this milestone birthday at a free community day featuring new exhibitions, artist talks, live music, family-friendly activities, and special surprises every hour!
Saturday, October 7 also marks the opening of MOCA's 2 exciting fall exhibitions, A Poethical Wager and Phil Collins: My heart’s in my hand, and my hand is pierced, and my hand’s in the bag, and the bag is shut, and my heart is caught.
October 7 Itinerary:
- 12pm Doors open; fall exhibitions open. Don’t miss our “Keys to Discovery” family activity!
- 1pm Artist Panel: A Poet*hical Wager artists Tariku Shiferaw, Emanuel Tovar, Mario García Torres, Iman Issa, Doug Ashford, and Oscar Murillo; moderated by Senior Curator Andria Hickey. Gund Commons
- 2pm WRUW Studio-A-Rama* begins. Live music every hour until midnight. Toby’s Plaza.
- 2 – 9pm Surprise activities and performances every hour, on the hour
- 7pm Gallery Talk: A Poethical Wager artist Doug Ashford and MOCA Senior Curator Andria Hickey. Mueller Family Gallery.
- 8pm Performance by Emanuel Tovar
- 10pm Galleries and MOCA activities close
- 10:30pm Studio-A-Rama headliner: Sweet Spirit with special guests New Bomb Turks and This Moment In Black History. Toby’s Plaza.
Midnight Afterparty at Happy Dog at the Euclid Tavern
11625 Euclid Avenue
*Extra cake for WRUW, which is celebrating its 50th—and Studio-a-Rama’s 20th—anniversaries~
You and your families and friends are all welcome to join us on Saturday, October 7 for a rousing and free activity-packed community celebration of the fifth birthday of MOCA's landmark building!
A Poet*hical Wager
Mueller Family Gallery | Rosalie + Morton Cohen Family Gallery | Donna + Stewart Kohl Atrium
Doug Ashford, Abbas Akhavan, Abraham Cruzvillegas, Lara Favaretto, Iman Issa, Rashid Johnson, Jumana Manna, Oscard Murillo, Mario Garcia Torres
Jason Salavon: Rainbow Aggregator
Major support for A Poet*hical Wager is provided by Scott Mueller, with additional support from BakerHostetler. Community support provided by Intercontinental Hotel Cleveland.
MOCA Cleveland exhibitions are funded by The Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts and Leadership Circle gifts from an anonymous donor, Yuval Brisker, Joanne Cohen + Morris Wheeler, Margaret Cohen + Kevin Rahilly, Becky Dunn, Harriet Goldberg, Agnes Gund, Richard + Michelle Jeschelnig, Donna + Stewart Kohl, Jan Lewis, Toby Devan Lewis, and Scott Mueller.