The Programs Marketing Internship at MOCA is your chance to express your creativity, learn more about event management, and execute strategies across marketing platforms, including social media channels. Help spread the word about MOCA’s trendsetting programs, compose exciting event releases, craft bold promotional copy, and help with less glamorous but equally important administrative duties. The ideal Programs Marketing Intern will passionately present ideas to the Marketing + Programs Team involving promotional strategy, program content, and audience recommendations.
You will be working with a team of 3 Marketing + Programs professionals who are responsible for crafting the world’s perception of MOCA.
The ideal intern:
- Ahead of the curve on the latest social media.
- A flexible schedule to attend programs and capture them on social media.
- Able to craft tailored marketing copy.
- Meticulous attention to detail whether writing, researching or reporting.
- Adept at multitasking, such as handling multiple extracurricular activities simultaneously.
- Enthusiastic team member with plenty of creative ideas and the drive to see them through to completion.
- Experienced running a social media account (yours or otherwise) with proven organic growth.
- Minimum GPA of 3.25
- Undergraduate Junior/Senior or Graduate student
- Events Management
- Nonprofit Administration
Interns are expected to work 8-16 hours per week and must be available to conduct live social media updates from special events, most of which occur during evenings and weekends.
Ready to apply?
Submit the following to email@example.com and use the subject line “MOCA Program Marketing Internship”.
- Your Social Media handles on Instagram and Twitter.
- Cover letter or cover email that lets your personality and style shine through. Internships are highly competitive so this is your chance to convince us of your awesomeness! Don’t be modest; tell us what you can offer and what you hope to gain. It wouldn’t hurt to mention a current or past MOCA exhibition or program that you attended, or perhaps a life-changing experience with art. And if you know someone who is associated with MOCA, tell us!
- If you will be completing this internship for course credit, please include an Objectives and Goals Statement so we can be certain that this opportunity aligns with your requirements.
- Resume or CV that highlights relevant education and experience and makes it obvious why you are the best possible candidate for this position.
- Writing samples showcasing your skills, preferably relevant to a similar professional position or contemporary dialogue. We would love to see a press release or social media post that garnered a lot of attention. Feel free to include links to relevant work, websites, etc. Students might be asked to do an onsite writing sample at interview.
- References from employers or professors that tell us why they think you would be perfect for this internship.
A few more things to keep in mind:
- MOCA internships are unpaid but provide an exceptional opportunity to gain real work-world experience.
- MOCA internships are intended for college students, generally in their senior year or in grad school.
- Plan on working 8-16 hours per week with a schedule based on your availability.
- You should reside in the Cleveland area during your internship. We can’t help with relocation expenses.
- We encourage international applicants, however MOCA does not provide financial reimbursement or sponsorship for international visas.
- We want you to have the full experience so interns should expect to work in the office rather than at home.
- We will happily collaborate with your educational institution to give you academic credit for your experience.