The Content Marketing Intern will assist with and develop skills in digital and content marketing for the museum. Primarily developing and creating content for our social media platforms, this is a great opportunity to build professional experience in digital and content marketing.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in digital photography.
Tasks for this position will include:
• Monitoring of moCa’s social media feeds
• Development and creation of social media content with oversite by Marketing & Communications Manager
• Research and analyze digital content of peer institutions
• Researching SEO-driven keywords that support departmental goals
• Updating and maintaining moCa’s presence in online calendars
• Distribution of fliers for moCa promotions and events
• Research and development of outreach opportunities
The ideal intern:
• Experienced and frequent user of Instagram and/or Twitter.
• A flexible schedule to attend programs and capture them on social media.
• Meticulous attention to detail whether writing, researching or reporting.
• Enthusiastic team member with plenty of creative ideas and the drive to see them through to completion.
• Experienced running a social media account (yours or otherwise) with proven organic growth.
• Minimum GPA of 3.25.
• Undergraduate Junior/Senior or Graduate student
Interns are expected to work 8-16 hours per week and must be available to conduct live social media updates from special events, most of which occur during evenings and weekends.
Ready to apply?
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line “moCa Content Marketing Internship”.
● Your Social Media handles on Instagram and Twitter.
● Cover letter or cover email that lets your personality and style shine through. Internships are highly competitive so this is your chance to convince us of your awesomeness! Don’t be modest; tell us what you can offer and what you hope to gain. It wouldn’t hurt to mention a current or past MOCA exhibition or program that you attended, or perhaps a life-changing experience with art. And if you know someone who is associated with MOCA, tell us!
● Resume or CV that highlights relevant education and experience and makes it obvious why you are the best possible candidate for this position.
● Writing samples showcasing your skills, preferably relevant to a similar professional position or contemporary dialogue. We would love to see a press release or social media post that garnered a lot of attention. Feel free to include links to relevant work, websites, etc. Students might be asked to do an onsite writing sample at interview.
● References from employers or professors that tell us why they think you would be perfect for this internship.