MOCA Signature Cocktail Competition
Applications for this competition are due by 11:59pm on Thursday, September 11, 2014
Give the region a taste of your creativity!
In the spirit of Ferran Adrià, MOCA challenges Cleveland area bartenders to create an innovative signature cocktail for its fall exhibition season. Selected by an elite jury from the field, the winning drink will be served to hundreds of audience members at MOCA’s fall exhibition opening on Friday, September 26 as well as at several other events during the season. In addition to being featured on MOCA’s website and at the Museum, the winning bartender will receive 2 Cleveland Cavaliers tickets and $500.
Competition requirements below. Submissions must be uploaded using the webform by Thursday, September 11, 2014. Finalists will be notified Friday, September 12. Final drinks will be juried on Friday, September 19 at the Velvet Tango Room.
Jury: Matthew Citriglia, Master Sommelier, Director of Education, Vintage Wine Distributor Cris Dehlavi, Bar Chef, M at Miranova Paulius Nasvytis, Owner, Velvet Tango Room Michael Nowak, Chef/Owner, The Black Pig Dave Rego, Partner, Watershed Distillery
- Drink submissions must follow these guidelines to be considered.
- Feature at least one of the following Watershed Spirits: Vodka, Four Peel Gin, Bourbon Barrel Gin
- Utilize at least 1 Ohio ingredient that can be sourced year round from anywhere
- Utilize a minimum of 3 and maximum of 7 ingredients, including garnish
- Cocktail must be batchable and replicated for 350 people during the public opening, 200 for the November 17 event, and 150 for the December 11 event
- All modifiers, mixers and ingredients must be available to purchase in the Cleveland area
- Any homemade ingredients must be supplied by the bartender to cover the quantities listed above
- September 11, 11:59pm: Entries due
- September 19, 12pm: Jurying of the finalists
- September 26, 5-10pm: MOCA Exhibition Opening Party
- November 17, 5-8pm: Ferran Adriá Patron Cocktail Reception
- December 11, 6-9pm: Mixology Panel